Yahoo Messenger Error is actually a script error that will occur when Yahoo mail is in use. Script error can actually cause Web pages to load in the wrong way or it will restrict pages to load at all. When this error happens in Yahoo Instant Messenger, the program actually fails to send messages but it informs the user about the error.
How does Yahoo messenger error 6 look?
When you get stuck with Yahoo messenger error 6 then you will see an error message “There is a problem with the script on this page”. Such errors can occur anytime when you are using your Yahoo mail service. Let’s move ahead with the exact troubleshooting procedures to deal with Yahoo Messenger Error 6 quickly.
What are the ways to fix Yahoo Messenger Error 6?
You can get rid of Yahoo Messenger Error 6 and for that, you will need to follow a few steps which are mentioned below. This error usually occurs on Internet Explorer so; let’s start with the troubleshooting steps.
Disable Script Debugging on internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the small arrow that appears next to “Tools” on the menu in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Choose “Internet Options” and click on the “Advanced” tab and click to put checkmarks in the boxes to “Disable Script debugging” and “Disable script debugging”
- Now, click on Remove the tick mark the box appears next to “Disable prompt about every error of script”. If that box is marked then, click on OK and reopen Yahoo Messenger to see if it is running
Check Security Settings on IE
- Open the Internet Explorer and click on the small arrow that appears next to “tools” on the menu appears at the upper-right corner of the page
- Choose the “Internet Options” and select the “Security” tab and choose “Default Level” as high levels of security might block these programs from running
- After that, click on “Ok” and reopen Yahoo Messenger to check if it is running without errors
- Steps to clear temporary files from device
- You will need to clear temporary files from the device and for that, open Internet Explorer
- Click on the small arrow that appears next to the “Tools” on the menu appears in the upper-right corner of the page
- There you have to choose “Internet Options” and click on the “General” tab and click on “Delete” in the Browsing History section
- Click on the boxes that appear next to “Temporary Internet Files”, “Cookies” and “History” and click on “Delete” appears at the bottom of the Window. Click on Ok and reopen Yahoo Messenger to check if it is running well
Follow the steps and you are all done with the fixings for Yahoo Messenger Error 6. Update your Yahoo messenger app using it with a third-party app and enjoy a flawless service.