Mail app has become very necessary when it comes to communicating with others. Windows 10 takes care of mail applications and it comes with an in-built mail app. Well adding an email account like Yahoo mail is very simple and the users report that they are not able to add an email account to the mail app. When they click on the “Add Account” option and try to add a Yahoo account then, an error message pop-up quickly. If Windows App does not add a Yahoo mail account, then you can fix the error by following a few methods.
Resolution- Unable to Add Yahoo Account on Windows 10
Well, there is nothing to worry about. We are here with the exact resolution methods that will work to fix the issue. You might be able to add an email account so, let’s start with the solution which is mentioned below.
Method 1- Reset Mail App
If you aren’t able to add an email account to the Windows 10 mail app, you can reset the Mail app. You can do that just by following a few steps
- First of all, launch Settings and Apps and Apps and Features. Look for the Mail and Calendar from the right-side and click on it.
- There you have to click on Advanced options and there go to Reset option
If that is not the thing that fixes the issue then, move ahead with the solution that is available in the below steps.
Method 2- Check for Available Updates
It might be an issue that might interfere with adding an email. You will need to check for in the in-built Windows app. Just move ahead for following steps-
- Start the Microsoft Store app and then, go to the three-dot icon and choose Downloads and Updates
- Go to the Available updates section and check if there is an update available for the Mail app. Download and install it if it is available
- Many times, the latest updates can fix such bugs then and there. Hence, you can try it for the issue once again.
Method 3- Mail App Re-installation
There are some users who suggest that they can manage to fix the issue by reinstalling the Mail app. You can do that just by following a few steps
Uninstall apps in Windows 10, Uninstall Mail as well as Calendar App. If in case, uninstall option is not there then, move ahead with this method.
- Right-click on the Start option and choose Windows Powershell
- In the PowerShell terminal, enter the command Get-AppPackagems.windowscommunicationsapp/Remove-AppxPackage and press the Enter Key
- When you have uninstalled the Mail App with one of the methods then, reinstall it then and there
For that, start the Microsoft Store and find the Mail and Calendar app. Install these apps and when it is installed successfully, add the email account again
Method 4- Add IMAP Account
If you have tried all of the above fixings but, Windows 10 still can’t add your account then, follow this method to fix the issue. Follow the steps which are mentioned to fix the error to add Gmail to the Mail app in Windows 10.
- First and foremost, you have to go to myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and confirm that Allow Less Secure app option is turned on. In case, you are using the Two-Step Verification method, then you will need to turn it off.
When the option is done then, you have to create an IMAP account. But before that, you will need to enable IMAP usage on the Google account. You can do that just by following a few steps.
- First of all, go to Gmail and sign in with the account
- After that, click on the Settings option and after that, go to See all Settings
- Stick with the procedures to Forward and IMAP/POP tab
- Here you have to enable IMAP and save the changes and when this is done, you have to create a new IMAP account
- For that, open the Mail app on the Windows 10 PC and after that, click on the Settings option
- Go to the Account option and then stick with the next step
- There you can see the list of sign-in options and then, click on Advanced Setup and go to Internet email
You will have to enter the details that will include, your name, account type, mail server, username, password, and outgoing SMTP email server. When that is all set, you will need to check all the checkboxes.
After following all of the above steps, you have to add the Gmail account to the Mail App once again. This will definitely fix the issue. You can contact Yahoo Helpline UK to get in touch with the experts for any help anytime.