Yahoo mail comes with all those features which you need while sending or receiving emails to enhance the email’s look. This is the reason why the majority of the population uses this email service among all other services. People usually save their important financial information, emails, photos, and files, and hence you never allow an unknown person to get access to your email account.
There are so many reasons when your account gets hacked and that includes weak passwords and carelessness while using your mail account from an unknown PC or device. In case if you get to know that your Yahoo Mail Account Password has stolen then, in that case, you should do something to recover the password and change it as soon as possible.
How to reset the password of hacked Yahoo Mail Account?
You can reset your password and it not only allows you to regain access to your Yahoo account but it also has the capacity to prevent another person from getting control over your account. Follow the below given steps to reset the hacked Yahoo Mail Account password.
- First of all, open a supported or trusted web browser on your PC and now go to the Yahoo sign-in page
- Enter your email username, email ID, or Mobile number in the required field and recheck all entered details, and now click on the Next option
- Click on the “Forgotten Password” appeared below the “next” option when you will be asked to enter the account password
- Now, you will be asked to choose an account recovery option that is linked with your account. Click on the option which you identified and have access to it
- When you choose any recovery options that appears on your screen then, you will receive a verification code that will be sent from Yahoo service on the chosen phone number or email address
- Now, enter the 6 words character verification code in the required field and click on “verify”
- If your account identity is verified then, you will be prompted to the next screen to set a new password for your Yahoo mail account
- Enter your new password in the required field and then, click on Continue
Your Yahoo account is now been retrieved, and you can use it using your new password. It is advisable to choose a strong password having a combination of symbols, numbers, and alphabets that cannot be guessed by anyone. This is the best and first step to protecting your Yahoo account against hackers. Apart from this, you should enable the Two-Step verification feature of Yahoo Mail.
Enable Two-Step Verification
- First of all, login to login.yahoo.com/account/personalinfo
- Now, click on the ‘Account Security’ and enter the credentials is asked
- Now, go to the ‘Two-Step Verification’ and Enable the option that it will turn in Green from Gray (color)
- You will be asked to enter your Mobile number and then, enter your mobile number and after that, wait for the text
- Also, you can select the “Send SMS” option to get the access code and enter the code that you will get on your mobile, and click on “Verify”
You will see that two-step verification will be enabled on your Yahoo Mail Account and when the Two-Step Verification is enabled then, you will get an additional security level on your account. You also can know more about this security feature by calling on Yahoo Customer Care Number UK. You will be assisted by a well-experienced technician to fix the issue immediately.