Windows has discontinued the Yahoo mail app and this is the reason so many users are stuck while accessing their mail account. But as said “where there is a will there is a way” Windows take care of the necessity of its user. The in-built mail app is there to access the Yahoo mail account. Yes, as this email app has been discontinued from Windows OS, you still can access your account on it via Windows Mail App. The procedure to Yahoo Mail app on Windows 10 after shut down is here in this guide, so let’s move ahead with that.
Add Yahoo Mail in Windows Mail App
Windows Mail app is very simple to use as it helps you to add the mail account of different service providers. It will become helpful if you are already a Yahoo user to have your mail account credentials. This is because you have to provide the account username and password when the time of synchronizing will come with Windows Mail App.
- First and foremost, open the Settings by pressing Windows + I on the system
- You have to choose the Accounts Section from the screen option
- In that section, you have to choose the Email and Account option from the left panel
- Now, go to the Add an account option to add a Yahoo account and you also can open the Windows 10 App
- There you have to click on the Add Account and choose Yahoo from the provider’s list. Enter Yahoo Mail ID and username
- Agree to the Yahoo terms and conditions and move ahead with the account setup in the Windows 10 operating system
You can allow the Windows Remember the option to let your account sign in with the same ID and password. Else, you can click on Skip
At final, you will need to set up a Yahoo Mail account in the Windows 10 Mail App. you can start getting pop-ups of the Yahoo account in Windows 10 Mail App.
Yahoo Mail Configuration on Windows Mail App
You have the option to customize Yahoo Mail settings more customized as per your preferences. You can select what you want to have in the email. It is very interesting to have all of the emails on the device without having any issues. In addition, the customization feature makes it more customized.
- You can personalize the synchronize Settings like when the mail app should start synchronizing Yahoo emails
- If you want to synchronize the emails or other products like Yahoo contacts and calendar
- Even, you can choose the name to display in the mail which you send to others
- You will need to prioritize the preferences while customizing your mail
Make Yahoo default email program in Windows 10
Because Yahoo is configured in the email program, all you need to do is to tell Windows that Yahoo should be the default mail app. The exact steps for every Windows version are different. So, it is recommendable to be careful while following them.
- First and foremost, go to the Control Panel and the simplest way to go to the panel in any Windows version is via the Run dialog box
- Now, enter the Control by pressing Win + R keyboard shortcut and choosing Programs
- If you don’t see that option then, skip this step and choose Default Programs
- Choose Link a file or protocol with the program and then, move ahead with the below-given step
- Choose the icon that appears under Email in Windows 10. On Windows 7 and 8, you will need to choose the Mail to option from the list and after that, choose Change Program
- There you have to choose the email program which is using Yahoo Mail
Because Windows has shut down the Yahoo mail app so, it is advisable to add it to your Windows Mail app. You can get assistance regarding the same from the expert. Because they have an idea of such configuration, you can get complete help.