Yahoo provides excellent email service and one can access their account on their Mobile device, Laptop, or Mac as well. If you access your Yahoo account on iOS mail and it is troubling you then, you are at the right place. In this guide, we will discuss the exact resolution for the same. There are a few fixing methods which we are going to discuss here.
Resolution of Yahoo Mail issue on iOS mail is not that tough task. But it is very important to follow the methods carefully to avoid issues further.
Method 1- Update iOS Operating System
Apple has the facility to update the operating system anytime when they recognize any issue to fix it. Ensure that you also are using the updated version of this software.
Update iPhone, iPod, iPad wirelessly
If you have checked the operating system version and you see a pending update then, tap on Install Now. You also can tap on Later and select Remind me Later or Install Tonight. In case of tapping on “Install Tonight”, plug your device into power, and then your device will start updating automatically.
- First of all, plug your device into power and connect to the Wi-Fi
- In the Settings section, navigate General and tap on Software Update
- If you see two options of software update then, choose the one which you have to install
- Tap on Install Now, if you see Download and Install instead, tap on it to download the update
- Enter the password, and choose to Install Now
Customize Automatic Updates
The device can automatically update overnight when it is in charge. To enable automatic updates-
- In the Settings section, find General and go to the Software Update option
- Go to Automatic Updates and enable Download iOS Updates
- Enable Install iOS updates and the device will update automatically to the updated version of the iOS
- There are still some updates for which you have to follow manual steps
When you are set with the update procedures of the iOS operating system then, move ahead with the next method
Method 2- Remove and Re-add Yahoo on iOS Mail
Both Apple and Yahoo work at regular intervals to update the systems and apps. But there are some instances where might be some settings issue due to which Yahoo setup becomes corrupt or incorrect. Re-add Yahoo mail on the iOS app to refresh the information again.
Yahoo Account Removal
- Open the iOS Settings app and tap on Mail
- Tap on Accounts appear on the screen
- Go to the Yahoo Mail Account
- Click on Delete Account and choose Delete from my iPhone to Confirm
Yahoo Account Adding via iOS Automatic Setup
- First of all, open the iOS Settings app and tap on the Mail
- Tap on the Accounts and go to Add Accounts
- There you have to tap on Yahoo
- Follow the on-screen prompts to login into the account
Update Settings for On-Time Notification
There are two kinds of iOS email notifications called Push and Fetch. Yahoo account works ideally with Fetch that will check for new emails constantly. To check the app frequently, you have to-
- Go to the iOS Settings app and tap on Mail
- Tap on Accounts and tap on Fetch New Data
- Go to the time interval option that appears at the bottom of the screen
- Choose Yahoo Mail account and ensure is “Fetch” is chosen
Method 3- Turn Cellular Data On in Mail App
Sometimes, users get their iPhones connected to a Wi-Fi network all the time in their workplaces and home. And this is the reason they forget to enable cellular data while being outside when there is no Wi-Fi network. Without the internet connection, you cannot use the Yahoo service so enable the cellular data and check again.
- Open the Settings section and enable the “Cellular Data” toggle on
Method 4- SMTP Server Setup
iPhone users can set the SMTP server as it is responsible to send mail to the server of the receiver. Stick with the steps to enable SMTP server
- In the Settings section find the option “Accounts and Passwords”
- Go to the Yahoo icon and click on the “Account” and click on “Outgoing Mail Server SMTP”
- You will find the “Other SMTP” under the menu and it needs to press to access the settings
- There will be a hostname called “smtp.mail.yahoo.com”
- Enter the complete username and password and set up the port to 587 or 465 numbers
Enable the SSL option to enable the toggle to Agree or on
- Click on the “Done” icon that appears at the top of the right corner of the display screen
- Restart the iPhone and check if this issue has been fixed or not
These are a few fixing methods of Yahoo Mail issue on iOS Mail. You can follow any of the methods as per your preferences. In case, if you have tried all of the methods and are still stuck then, contact Yahoo experts for exact assistance regarding the same.